1. SAT assess a potential student's academic strengths and readiness for college
2. SAT scores are used in the admissions process along with other factors such as high school grades, class rank, community service, recommendations and extracurricular activities.
3. Here are the main components of the SAT:
- Reading Test – 65 minutes, 52 questions
- Writing and Language Test – 35 minutes, 44 questions
- Math No calculator – 25 minutes, 20 questions
- Math Calculator permitted – 55 minutes, 38 questions
- Optional essay section (50 minutes)